hal and dbus

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sat Apr 16 19:40:03 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:

>We still need to update some of the multimedia packages, also.
>I've got gaim and Xchat to do yet, but those should be easy as
>I've already got most of those done in a Post-6.0 sandbox.

Randy - both of these are strictly cmmi installations - their configure
scripts will pick up deps just fine.  I can take a look for the deps for
you guys, if you like.

Gaim also has a weird dependency situation - it wants either gnutls or
mozilla's nss libs to enable the msn protocol support - if you don't
need MSN support, then these are not needed - not sure how you'd put
that into the book.

Let me know if you need help with these....also, have you thought about
the previous suggestion of adding in a console-mode IRC client as well?

-J-