SBU timings

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Fri Apr 15 00:23:25 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 04/14/05 21:06 CST:
>
>>Attached are timings from my recent build logs.
>>
>>Title                     Seconds      SBU

>>  alsa-lib-1.0.8           79.5        0.6

>>  ethereal-0.10.9         444.0        3.4

>>  expat-1.95.8             11.8        0.1
>>  jadetex-3.13              3.4        0.0

>>  libpng-1.2.8             17.7        0.1
>

> These packages have double listings with significant differences
> in the build times. How so?

Oops.  My logs append.  I aborted these builds or the script had errors
and I had to redo the build.  Only the times above are significant.

expat is different.  I'm glad you pointed it out.  I need to add the
following:

which           4.0  0.0
nmap           41.5  0.3
docbook-utils   4.3  0.0
tcl           153.7  1.2
libungif       22.1  0.2
alsa-libs      79.5  0.6
fcron          13.3  0.1
mozilla-1.76 1609.3 12.4

  -- Bruce

BTW: I'm now working from my new box.  I have KDE, sound, printing,
mozilla, BLFS builds, svn all working.  I still have a vew more large
apps, but its nice to finally be on a fast system.