Book Reorganization

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Thu Apr 14 10:00:16 PDT 2005

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Here's how I solve that when following the BLFS book...keep in mind this
> is only one solution out of many possibilities, but this works quite
> well for me.

Jeremy,
   What you are describing is a depth first search.  That's what I do
also.  My technique is a little more complex because I have/create a
subdirectory in /usr/src for each package that includes the source and a
script for building, logging, and measuring the install.  It takes a bit
more effort, but I can go back and review exactly what I have done.