Guile

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at cis.sac.accd.edu
Mon Apr 11 10:23:13 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 04/11/05 10:35 CST:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I would like to move the Guile instructions to what I feel is a
>>more proper category, the "Programming" section.

Since there is a command interpreter, I agree.  I'm not familiar with guile
or scheme, but a program that interprets commands belongs in the
programming section just as Python does.

BTW, PHP belongs in the programming section too.  If we did perl instead of
LFS doing it, it would go there too.
============================
Reviewing the contents, I lean toward a change in organization in this
area.  Chapter 23, Databases, is a lot more than "Content Serving" and FTP
servers don't really go in the "Web Serving" chapter.

Right now we have this organization:

Server Networking
   Mail Server Software
   Other Server Software
Content Serving
   Databases
   Web Serving

I propose to reorganize these as the following:

Servers
   Major Servers
     Apache
     BIND
     move NFS to here from Chapter 18 (Basic NW Pgms)
     OpenSSH
     ProFTPD
     Samba
     vsFTPD