Addition to Chapter 25 - X window System Environment

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 8 11:48:14 PDT 2005

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
>
>> or just give the links in the "Additional Configuration" section.
>> I think that'll work well.
>

> If you want to do this, I believe an additional section between XFree86
> and X Window System Components would be apropriate and links in both the
> Xorg and XFree sections pointing to the new section would be appropriate.

<snip section details>

> A good list of references for XFree86 is at
> http://www.xfree86.org/current/. Unfortunately, I don't know of an
> equivalent xorg page, but the info is mostly the same.

This has turned into a bit more than the original suggestion of z axis
for the mouse. :-)  In time it certainly sounds good, but in the
interim, would an additional heading on the X Windows System Components
page, "Additional Configuration" and A brief paragraph on what to find
at the link provided suffice?  For instance, a dual head setup would
have me completely lost ATM.  While I do have the hardware availible,
I've never had the need to set it up, but it sounds like as good an
excuse as any to try it out. :-)  I'll BZ it for later and add the title
and short paragraph to the componenets page if this sounds ok for now.

-- DJ Lucas