Addition to Chapter 25 - X window System Environment

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 8 09:56:14 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote these words on 04/07/05 23:32 CST:
>

>>Good plan considering that we don't mention details of xorg.conf or
>>XF86config at all.  May I suggest this one:
>>
>>http://www.xfree86.org/current/mouse.html
>>
>>It even goes into detail for multiple scroll wheels or the rocking
>>scroll wheel found on the newer MS mice.
>

> You have commit privileges to the BLFS repository.
>
> Need I say more?
>
> :-)

Ceratinly not :-)  But where to put it?  I'm looking at the source for
the configuring x page, and there is not a logical place for it.  Maybe
a new sub-section for tweaking the x-config file defaults?  Looking now,
I think it's always kinda lacked in that area.  It's just second nature
to tweak the config file for my liking, I never took notice to it before
now.  Probably need to mention screen, monitor and device sections
too...or just give the links in the "Additional Configuration" section.
 I think that'll work well.

-- DJ Lucas