Licensing for NcFTP

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Apr 4 16:55:09 PDT 2005

 Looking at the book for ncftp (which seems to be stuck at 3.1.7 - the
canonical site appears to have had 3.1.8 for some months) - I can
vaguely remember that there used to be something funny about the
licensing on this, so I looked in the source to see what the alternative
was to using the Clarified Artistic License, and indeed what license
would apply to linking other code against the shared library.

( the book specifically mentions the Clarified Artistic License, but
only in relation to building and using the shared library )

 Now I'm confused - the only license I can see is the Clarified
Artistic, which implies that both build methods have the same license ?
And where are the restrictions for linking other code against the shared
library ?

Ken