Perl PDL bundle

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 31 13:13:04 PST 2004

Hi all,

I've just committed some changes to the book that would outwardly
appear as though a new package was added. That is not the case.
I've simply moved the Perl PDL bundle from the Perl Module page
to a new page exclusively for PDL.

Here's the events leading up to this:

I'm updating GnuCash to the newest version and discovered that
there are some Perl modules as dependencies.

I went to update the Perl Modules page and decided to confirm the
dependencies of the existing modules as the modules being added for
GnuCash use some of the existing modules.

While looking over the PDL instructions, I noticed they were grossly
lacking in completeness. So, I began researching what it would take
to accurately define the dependencies.

PDL is an application in itself. It installs 4 binaries in /usr/bin
and over 90 modules in site_perl. It warrants its own page. So I
made it.

This is *not* an addition to BLFS, it's only defining dependencies
for an already existing package.

--
Randy