r3158 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome x/installing xsoft/suites

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 30 16:40:51 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 09:02 +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
>
> > If the ooo-builds are any indication of what to expect for 2.0,
> > things should be much easier soon enough.
>
> Aha - someone with ooo-build experience :)  I'm trying to build
> OOo-1.1.3 using ooo-build (because of the gcc-3.4 fixes), but it would
> appear to *require* PAM.  Because of the automation of ooo-build I can't
> seem to apply the no-pam patch currently in BLFS.  Has anyone else
> worked around this, without installing PAM?  Is this better sent to
> blfs-support?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt.

Install PAM?  ;-)  I have no idea honestly...have to dig into the build
scripts and add the patch someplace, but do you need just the gcc-3.4
fixes?  I got those ready for openoffice-1.1.3....assuming gcc >= 3.4.2,
but doesn't work for 3.4.1.  Have a look at
http://www.lucasit.com/ftp-root/pub/LFS/patches/OOo-1.1.3/

You still need the g++ symlink for stlport, (or a patch, but the symlink
was a little easier), and you'll need to copy stlport-4.6.2.tar.gz to
stlport/download/.  The 1.1.4-no_pam patch should apply with no offset
to 1.1.3...actually all of those should apply to 1.1.4 except maybe the
gcc342 patch...I've not tried the patch yet nor have I even attempted
ooo-1.1.4 with gcc-3.4.x yet.

You also might want to dig through the additional patches included with
ooo-build.  There are a few of them that are nice to speed up the build.
One of which *is* the gcc-3.3 patch currently in BLFS that removes the
unneeded icu extras.  The one problem I had with current ooo-build-1.3.7
is that no mater how I configured, it wanted both kde and gnome headers
for config_office/configure for some reason.  Haven't had time to get
back to that yet.

-- DJ Lucas