Some packages I'd like to see added

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 30 09:53:47 PST 2004

Jim Gifford wrote:
> To me it seems, you guys add what you want to add. Somethings programs
> that are really useful in securing a system are left out like VPN
> solutions.
>
> Suggestions seem to be ignored, like my xinetd.d setup, which would
> follow the .d scheme, which no developer replied to or even acknowledge,
> check lfs-dev.

In all fairness, you deserve a better response to this than my
prior one.

As far as VPN solutions, who has ever mentioned this in the last
few months?

As far as your xinetd.d setup, I read it. I disagree with it.
IIRC, there were no positive remarks made towards your suggestion.
This indicated to me the community did not think it was a good idea,
or was indifferent to the idea.

I mean, really, Jim, what is the point in modifying an existing
configuration to a different configuration *to do the same exact
thing*?

How does this make "the instructions more complete", or "provide
more usefulness?

--
Randy