Some packages I'd like to see added

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 30 07:21:24 PST 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I just had a message sent to me the other day from a long-time
> LFS community member. He says "I don't use BLFS instructions, as
> I build things my way". I've seen Tushar's build scripts, they
> vary from the book by a mile. With this in mind, I wonder how
> many people that are hard-core LFS'ers, actually use BLFS
> instructions. I know my builds vary from the instructions, but
> mostly adding parameters to configure.

My builds are done from an ALFS profile parented to the "official" one,
but with local changes (mostly additional configure options and
additional packages). For the vast majority of BLFS packages that I
build, I use the standard instructions. Then again, I've yet to build X
or anything on top of it on any of my LFS systems, so that removes a
large part of BLFS from my testing :-)