Some packages I'd like to see added

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Dec 30 07:01:46 PST 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Archaic wrote:
>
>> My concern is the number of packages that get stale because we don't
>> have enough manpower to constantly update packages (just like exim). I
>> would understand if cmmi wasn't enough, or a 2 minute read through
>> README or INSTALL didn't cover what you needed to know.
>

> This is borderline BS.
>
> Most packages are very well kept up. You pick one package out of
> the nearly 400 that was a few revs behind and use it to say "the
> number of packages that get stale"

I respectfully disagree.  I can build BLFS SVN at any given time, and
end up with 10 to 15 packages that are NOT current.  Of course, stale
probably means different things to me and you.  I consider anything
that's not the currently released version to be stale.  There's about
8-10 packages in current BLFS-SVN that are not at their latest released
versions - NcFTP and Exim I submitted because the listed versions aren't
even available for download anymore, but there are more that are behind
being current.

-J-