Some packages I'd like to see added

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 30 06:10:29 PST 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Utley wrote:
>>
>>> You add stuff that very FEW people will ever need to touch, like
>>> Apache ANT, Sysstat.  You've got 6 different web browsers included in
>>> BLFS, but no messaging.  People ask us on the irc support WHY there's
>>> not instructions for this stuff in BLFS.
>>
>> These things need to come to BLFS support and *not* the irc support.
>

> Oh joy, here we go, another battle about the work we do on IRC.  You do
> realize that we do support BLFS issues on IRC as well, right?

I don't. And won't. And that is my decision. If you wish to support
BLFS issues on irc, feel free to do so. I have much to offer in the
way of support, perhaps if you directed some of the questions you
get to support, and they're properly answered there, you wouldn't
get the questions any more.

As a favor, I'm asking you to direct questions you receive on irc
to support, where they will be answered and archived.

And just so I know, how many BLFS guys are supporting issues using
IRC?

--
Randy