Some packages I'd like to see added

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 30 05:43:42 PST 2004

DJ Lucas wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 04:11 -0800, Jeremy Utley wrote:
>
>>Hey Guys -
>>
>>Just throwing this out for comment - I know you're in the finishing
>>stages for BLFS-6's release...but there's a few things I'd like to
>>possibly see added in after that.  Let me know what you think:
>>
>>Messaging software (irssi, xchat, gaim)
>

> Fits well in chapter 36.  Would be really nice to complete that section
> with messaging sofware.

Since there are so many (I have one in mind for addition after
the release of 6.0), should be discuss which one(s) to add, or
just let Editors pick whichever one they want to.

Probably should wait until after 6.0 is released though.

>>Fortune (utilized by xscreensaver)
>

> I wonder where though...best currently would be chapter 10...but it
> really doesn't seem to fit anywhere WRT the current layout.  If it
> weren't for xscreensaver, I'd say it's not for BLFS.

I have a patch for the Fortune Makefile, I suppose I could write
a hint that would just take me a few minutes. I too agree, that
there's really no place in BLFS for Fortune.

--
Randy