Some packages I'd like to see added

David Jensen djensen at inebraska.com
Wed Dec 29 14:03:05 PST 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:
> Hey Guys -
>
> Just throwing this out for comment - I know you're in the finishing
> stages for BLFS-6's release...but there's a few things I'd like to
> possibly see added in after that.  Let me know what you think:

I'm not an editor, but I'll reply anyway. :)

> Messaging software (irssi, xchat, gaim)
I like chatzilla, maybe they will release a standalone, that is, not just part
of the mozilla suite.  Have they done that?

> Fortune (utilized by xscreensaver)
Well, my login is boring!!!

> gkrellm
This just eye candy for me,  nothing changes here!  I expect others may find
it useful,  I used to dial and start ppp with gkrellm.
I would suggest htop as a top replacement.  It's scrollable and mouseable.

---
David Jensen