OpenOffice compilation Failures, LFS Unstable

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 06:22:57 PST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:02:02 -0600, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 15:48 -0700, Nathan Coulson wrote:
>

> > > BTW, I think I mentioned this was LFS unstable in my origional email
> > >
> > > binutils 2.15.94.0.1
> > > gcc 3.3.4 (compiled to /opt)
> > > and glibc 1122
> > > compiling openoffice 1.1.4 [got the same thing compiling 1.1.2]
> >
> > Reading up on what I have seen, my guess would be that fedora added
> > extra checks to glibc [aka, guarding against calling free twice on the
> > same pointer].
> >

> Actually, I went forward and installed it this way from my last build in
> unstable, and it seems to work...except for no help.  Honestly, no idea
> if it's related, there is no telling on my unstable system.  I couldn't
> remember exactly which directory the error occured in.  Question, is
> that a warning, a failure or what?  No magic words "Error" or "Warning"
> there.
>
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08069288 ***
>
> -- DJ Lucas

mine segfaulted, but I forgot about the fact that I still have
OpenOFfice 1.1.2 files sitting around in my homedir [I didn't know
what to do with the "Install locally or run over a network" options]

conathan:~$ /opt/OOo-1.1.4/program/swriter
Segmentation fault

(I dont know if I removed all I needed to remove, [~/.mime.types, and
~/var/openoffice (where I decided to install network to]
--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------