Some packages I'd like to see added

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Dec 29 04:11:38 PST 2004

Hey Guys -

Just throwing this out for comment - I know you're in the finishing
stages for BLFS-6's release...but there's a few things I'd like to
possibly see added in after that.  Let me know what you think:

Messaging software (irssi, xchat, gaim)
Fortune (utilized by xscreensaver)
gkrellm

Messaging software is something that BLFS has never addressed in it's
history, and I think it would be a nice addition.  Fortune is utilized
by some of the screensavers in xscreensaver to put random quotes on the
screen, and gkrellm makes a very nice system monitoring daemon for a
desktop system.

I know you guys are super busy, so I even volunteer to write these up in
BLFS XML format and submit patches when the time comes.

-J-