Version Bump - NcFTP

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Dec 29 01:10:01 PST 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Jeremy Utley wrote:
>
>> Randy McMurchy wrote:

>>> This is already a current BZ item. Hopefully we can get to it
>>> before BLFS-6.0 is released.
>>>
>> Will a patch help?  I could run and time the build and everything,
>> and get you a patch to upgrade :)
>

> That would be great!
>
> And do me a favor, I read the text at the beginning of the instructions,
> could you see if this "Clarified Artistic License" thing is still needed.
> They may have made the license less restrictive using the shared library
> and we would pull that text out if so.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Randy

Patch is attached.  The SBU on this package actually has come down on my
system - from .38 to .25, but build size has increased to 9.7 MB roughly
- install size is only a little more than 700KB, but the source dir is
9MB after build.

The license text is definately still needed - libncftp is NOT a free
library, but use of it for the NcFTP program itself is under the
Clarified Artistic License.  Other use is free for
educational/non-profit, or a $499 license fee otherwise.

Hope this helps!

-J-