OpenOffice compilation Failures, LFS Unstable

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 29 00:02:02 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 15:48 -0700, Nathan Coulson wrote:

> > BTW, I think I mentioned this was LFS unstable in my origional email
> >
> > binutils 2.15.94.0.1
> > gcc 3.3.4 (compiled to /opt)
> > and glibc 1122
> > compiling openoffice 1.1.4 [got the same thing compiling 1.1.2]
>
> Reading up on what I have seen, my guess would be that fedora added
> extra checks to glibc [aka, guarding against calling free twice on the
> same pointer].

Actually, I went forward and installed it this way from my last build in
unstable, and it seems to work...except for no help.  Honestly, no idea
if it's related, there is no telling on my unstable system.  I couldn't
remember exactly which directory the error occured in.  Question, is
that a warning, a failure or what?  No magic words "Error" or "Warning"
there.

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08069288 ***

-- DJ Lucas