r3157 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome xsoft/suites

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 28 23:20:17 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 01:10 -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> On second thought, /usr/share/applications is just as good. That
> way, if GNOME in /opt is updated, the .desktop files are still there.
>
> Sorry for the noise....

Actually, you may have been correct.  Is /usr/share/applications created
if gnome is installed in /opt and no KDE?  I haven't installed gnome
into opt.  I've got an install with kde in /usr now, but the only thing
there besides the ooo*.desktop files is the kde directory (kde installed
into /usr).  OT, I like the newer KDE...I haven't used it for any length
of time since ~2.2 IIRC.

-- DJ Lucas