firefox segfaults

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 28 17:58:03 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 17:41 -0800, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Then in that case you're going to be looking at some form of permissions
> problem.  I'd start with checking all your fonts to ensure they're
> world-readable - I know I saw something similar when the fonts I copied
> over from windows were not world-readable.
>
> -J-

I've been working around this for about two weeks, thinking it was a
different problem because I had setup the fonts correctly...or so I
thought.  Forgot about the fonts I copied over later.  Thanks J.  It did
belong on support, and was specifically windows fonts copied over.  This
seems broken and might be more common than expected.  Think a big note
is warranted in the book about this segfault?  Or better a note to make
certain that all fonts are world readable in the configuring X section.

-- DJ Lucas