OpenOffice compilation Failures, LFS Unstable

blfs-dev at lucasit.com blfs-dev at lucasit.com
Mon Dec 27 17:28:01 PST 2004

> just a heads up, for when LFS Testing has an updated glibc,
>
> OpenOffice 1.1.4 [I think it's the res program, but not sure], reports
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev).
>
> [I reported it earlier, just mentioning that it's still on 1.1.4]
>
> --
> Nathan Coulson (conathan)
> ------
> nathan at linuxfromscratch org
> conathan at gmail com
> --

Nathan, did you do this with gcc-3.3.x or 3.4.x?  Just curious if it is
definately a glibc error.  I had seen this error when using gcc-3.4.2
against glibc-20041105 IIRC and later...but I did not build with gcc-3.3.x
against that glibc.  Also, which glibc version, and if you should possibly
recall, about when did you first see it?  I'd hate to start pulling random
snaps to see exactly what changes caused this issue.  I know it's fine
with glibc from 20040701 and gcc-3.3.4.

TIA.

-- DJ Lucas