Exim Upgrade

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 26 20:52:10 PST 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> 1. Build size is easy. And two methods for this: One, df before unpacking
> and installing the package and a df after. Second method, and the one I use,
> is to build the package in a private directory. Add the source build dir and
> the installation dir and you have the build size. Of course, method one works
> either way, but I like to build in a private dir once to see what all files
> get installed and ensure sysconfdirs, localstatedirs, libexecdirs are all
> correct.

I forgot to mention that there very well could be more disk space
requirement than listed in the book. Temporary files, object files which
are deleted, and other variances could increase the disk space required
than what is shown in the book. But unless you have a script doing a df
every couple of seconds during the build, you cannot get a *totally
accurate* number for disk space usage during a build.

--
Randy