OpenOffice-1.1.3 submitted

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 25 08:46:28 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 21:55 +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Heh, I was just trying to see how 1.1.4 held up.  Is
> startup-notification really required, or is it just a mismatch between
> the instructions and the dependency list?  I mean, according to
> './configure --help' then '--enable-libsn' enables the use of the
> startup-notification library, so if that is removed from BLFS
> instructions then it once again becomes an optional dependency, no?
> Unfortunately, I installed startup-notification before realising what
> might have caused the ./configure complaint.

Matt, sorry for the half-witted reply yesterday.  I did exactly the same
thing, thinking that I left the instructions as bare as possible.  :-)
Yes, --enable-libsn is the switch that takes care of that.  Anyway,
1.1.4 builds fine.  You still need the first hunk in the gcc333 patch to
disable the icu extras, and the others apply as is (and are still
needed).   I'll update the book this afternoon.

Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas