Avifile problem

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 25 05:30:23 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm testing the newest version of transcode (0.6.14) and ran into an
issue with the newest version of Avifile (0.7.41). Apparently, the
avifile.pc pkgconfig file is written out incorrectly. Avifile's include
directory is now /usr/include/avifile-0.7, but the pkgconfig file says
it is /usr/include/avifile. Of course, upsteam will have to fix this issue,
but in the meantime, packages that use the .pc file to find out Avifile
info will not build successfully. Transcode is the first one I've found
that fails finding Avifile. Configure aborts at this point as well.

I modified the avifile.pc file to point to the correct include directory
and transcode finds Avifile fine, but I'm looking for suggestions on how
to fix the issue until a new version of Avifile is released.

Probably best is to sed the .pc file before running "make install" in
the Avifile instructions.

Second choice is to create a symlink in /usr/include, creating
/usr/include/avifile.

Any other suggestions or workarounds?

--
Randy