OpenOffice-1.1.3 submitted

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 24 13:55:13 PST 2004

DJ Lucas wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 23:45 -0600, DJ Lucas wrote:
>
>>Okay.  OpenOffice-1.1.3 is in svn.  I gave up on gcc-3.4.1.  It needs
>>testing and I still have to rip out LinuxPAM to create a no-pam patch
>>yet.  IIRC there was one additional instance that had to be fixed...but
>>I can't find where I read that.  You'll need to rebuild gcc-3.3.3 with a
>>linkonce patch (in svn) else it will fail to compile.  Also, I forgot to
>>check the build size....I'll rebuild it overnight, though I think it's
>>probably comparable in size.
>>
>>Please have at it and scream loudly if you have any issues.  :-)
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>-- DJ Lucas
>>

> Happy holidays everyone!
>
> Just a me note so I don't forget.  *Requires* pkgconfig and
> libstartup-notification now.  Building on a minimal system now...Updates
> to come including no-pam patch...finally.

Heh, I was just trying to see how 1.1.4 held up.  Is
startup-notification really required, or is it just a mismatch between
the instructions and the dependency list?  I mean, according to
'./configure --help' then '--enable-libsn' enables the use of the
startup-notification library, so if that is removed from BLFS
instructions then it once again becomes an optional dependency, no?
Unfortunately, I installed startup-notification before realising what
might have caused the ./configure complaint.

On a related note, the startup-notification library appears to have
moved locations.  It's now on freedesktop.org, and the old location
pointed to in the book only points to version 0.7.

Cheers,

Matt.