Some thoughts on Gnumeric

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 22 14:32:24 PST 2004

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>>Also, the sysconfdir parameter should be /etc/gnome as schema files will
>>be installed outside the GNOME gconf realm unless this is changed.
>>
>  Is that also true for a build in /usr without the gnome libraries ?  I
> guess /etc/ might be better in that case ?

Actually, if GConf is not installed, then passing --sysconfdir is
probably not even necessary. Nothing was put into /etc except GConf
stuff in my test installation. And there's no mention of any kind
of config or rc file.

I went ahead and updated BLFS to Gnumeric-1.4.1. Works well except
a bug in pulling up the help stuff through Yelp. I tested it a bit,
but nothing hard core. If David's research shows that libgnomeprintui
doesn't actually require the GNOME libs, then I'll change the book
to reflect a GNOME install, and a non-GNOME install.

--
Randy