Some thoughts on Gnumeric

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 22 14:05:59 PST 2004

David Jensen wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>

>>  Do we have anybody without a gnome install able to test installing
>> gnumeric without gnome, and competent to see if it works ?  I'm
>> interested, but I've neither the time, nor any suitable systems, at the
>> moment.  Do you have a list of all the libraries that appear to be
>> optional ?  (I'm thinking that potentially it will build, but things
>> like help won't work, also print preview (in 1.2) seems to use
>> libgnomeprint on the way to fontconfig).
>>
> I was just going to wipe my last test.  I can have a clean lfs with x
> and gtk in a couple hours.  I am not competent to test it.  I haven't
> touched a spreadsheet since 'Quatropro',  10 years maybe, and not a whiz
> then.
>
> Anyway,  I'll just add the dep's as configure complains.

Here's a head start, David. I found this to be accurate.

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/downloads.shtml
(scroll down a little to the dependencies)

The biggest thing is not to follow BLFS instructions for installing
libgnomeprintui. Otherwise you'll end up installing the GNOME libs. :-)

Thanks for your help.

--
Randy