LessTif

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 18 06:48:52 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm updating the LessTif package (and ensuring it is stable with
Xpdf), but am confused with the "testing" procedure outlined in
the book. The book suggests to "test" the LessTif installation
by simply building the test suite. It doesn't suggest to run
any of the tests, just simply build the test suite.

This doesn't make any sense to me, but perhaps I'm missing something
like just linking the libraries works or something like that.
Anyway, I thought maybe some text was lost but the instructions
haven't changed since the 5.0 version.

Can anyone provide some information on how simply building the
test suite, and not running any of the test programs is supposed
to "test" anything?

TIA.

--
Randy