BLFS CSS needs color adjustment

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Dec 14 07:50:59 PST 2004

n-roeser at gmx.net wrote:

>Hi,
>
>please try the following: set the default colors of your browser to white on
>black (or very light blue on pink, or similar) and go to
><URL:http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/glib.html>. The
>texts in the boxes ("Download (HTTP):" etc.) are unreadable here (using
>Mozilla 1.7.3).

What colors are you getting?  In my version of Mozilla, the text is
black, the links are dark blue and the background is light green (#f0fff0).
It looks that way in Firefox too.  Are you overriding the default colors?

We've had this color pattern for quite some time and this is the first
complaint that I've seen.

>We should set both, the foreground *and* the background color - or none of
>them.
>
>Looking at
><URL:http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/stylesheets/blfs.cssba>,

Do you mean blfs.css?

>I think that setting the color to black in the "div.sect3 li p" section will
>probably solve it. If we want to set any colors, doing that for the html
>(and/or body) element may be useful to make the pages look more nice.

And how does that change from the default?