Mozilla-1.7.3

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 13 09:45:01 PST 2004

David Jensen wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Fighting Moz-1.7.3 and just not having any fun. :-(
>>
>> There appears to be a missing interface header file (nsIPrefMigration.h)
>> causing two .cpp programs to fail. It was easy enough to fix as the
>> .cpp files simply require a couple of defines that are defined in an IDL
>> file, and I just commented out the .h include lines and included the
>> appropriate defines.
>>
>> But what stumps me is that I cannot find any references (google, etc.)
>> about this issue and Moz-1.7.3 has been out for quite a while.
>>
>> If anyone has any knowledge of this issue, please reply. In the meantime,
>> I have a patch that creates a clean build, but it's hard to think that
>> this issue has not come up for others.
>>
>> Hmmmm.....
>>

> I have built it many times with no patch except the freetype patch, and
> I now disable-freetype and don't apply any. I'm stumped, grep finds the
> #includes and find cannot locate the file,  but it builds fine here.  I
> do not use enigmail extention if that is a difference.  I use the book
> instructions.

Turns out that using --enable-single-profile breaks the build. Then if
you patch it to build cleanly, it won't run. You type mozilla and it just
dumps you back to a shell prompt. No warnings, error messages, system log
messages, X log messages. Nothing. Just doesn't run.

So, don't use --enable-single-profile with Mozilla-1.7.3. This message
meant mostly for archive purposes, so other dummies like me can save a
few hours if they run across this message.

--
Randy