thunderbird-1.0

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 12 13:59:36 PST 2004

Ian Molton wrote:
> Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Just to let you know, thunderbird-1.0 would appear to be working fine
>> here, and there's no need for those 'overlays.rdf' hacks at the bottom
>> of the current instructions.
>

> Mine didnt work until I applied the hacks. I got two red errors
> splattered about the bottom of the GUI and it wouldnt show my mail.
> after applying them, it worked great.

I believe if you disable the "cookie" extension, we can do away with the
hacks. I will be testing this a little later. Right now I'm updating
Mozilla. I'm convinced BLFS should probably go with the creation of a
.mozconfig file instead of running configure. This is simply how Mozilla
wants it done now. I suppose it's time to bite the bullet and change
the way we do things.

Check out http://www.mozilla.org/build/configure-build.html. This page
is new. Here, you'll see why you can't use the 'cookie' extension with
T-Bird and the 'typeaheadfind' extension with anything except the
Mozilla suite.

Hopefully, I can get Moz, T-Bird and Firefox converted over today. It's
slow testing though, it takes about 20 minutes to build each package
and I'm testing using different configurations to find out what is
*really* needed and what isn't.

--
Randy