thunderbird-1.0

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Dec 11 15:48:10 PST 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just to let you know, thunderbird-1.0 would appear to be working fine
> here, and there's no need for those 'overlays.rdf' hacks at the bottom
> of the current instructions.

Mine didnt work until I applied the hacks. I got two red errors
splattered about the bottom of the GUI and it wouldnt show my mail.
after applying them, it worked great.

I also had trouble with some venkman thing (I disabled it)

 > A word of
> warning though: if upgrading from a previous version of thunderbird
> you'll have to move any '.thunderbird' directories out the way (I simply
> renamed mine to .thunderbird.0.8).  Failing to do this resulted in a
> slew of '*** loading the extensions datasource' messages on the console.

Any other symptoms? I didnt rename mine and it appears to be working ok.