ant instructions

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 10 17:47:13 PST 2004

Archaic wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 06:42:20PM -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>>My personal opinion is to have the user export his vars himself.
>

> I guess I mistated what I meant. I didn't mean for the commands to be in
> extrapaths.sh already and therefore somewhat hidden from the reader, but
> for the package instructions to tell the reader to put them there as
> opposed to /etc/profile.

I figured that's what you meant. But I still stand by my previous
comments. I think that the book should teach the users how to do
things in everyday methods. Not in methods that are specific to
a distro, or require special scripts in place that exist on no
other systems.

Personal opinion I suppose. Not that it really matters, but why
have the user update some special script, when he can simply
update the script that counts?

I don't see the need for the middleware (extrapaths.sh).

--
Randy