Bash startup files

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 4 20:52:13 PST 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 08:18:16AM -0600, Archaic wrote:
> We have the tinker-term.sh and xterm-titlebars.sh sitting in
> /etc/profile.d, but they won't get used because ~/.bashrc doesn't source
> /etc/profile. Or am I missing something? By default xterm invokes a
> non-login shell.

I did a quick check and this bug seems to still be present.

--
Archaic

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes
without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an
offense to keep arms."

- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840