GNOME-2.8

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 3 14:34:16 PST 2004

Jürg Billeter wrote:
> On Fre, 2004-12-03 at 09:09 -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>>Here's the question (problem/issue/callitwhatyoulike):
>>
>>Some of the GNOME Panel icons, in *some* themes don't display
>>correctly. These are strictly the GNOME Panel icons. I receive a
>>message at GNOME startup as follows:
>

> Is the default icon theme "GNOME" affected?

As best as I can tell, No. Choosing individual icon themes doesn't
seem to make a difference. Only choosing individual theme packages
does this issue manifest itself. The "Large" themes work, most of
the others don't display some icons correctly.

I went to build Garnome and see exactly how and what is setup, but
it keeps choking on the freedesktop.org packages (easily solvable
as I have all the packages) but then it says it can't find my
installation of XML DTD-4.1.2, so I just blew it off.

--
Randy