GNOME-2.8

Jürg Billeter j at bitron.ch
Fri Dec 3 08:21:54 PST 2004

On Fre, 2004-12-03 at 09:09 -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Here's the question (problem/issue/callitwhatyoulike):
>
> Some of the GNOME Panel icons, in *some* themes don't display
> correctly. These are strictly the GNOME Panel icons. I receive a
> message at GNOME startup as follows:

Is the default icon theme "GNOME" affected?

> ** (gnome-panel:15767): WARNING **: Unable to load panel stock icon 'gnome-run'
> ** (gnome-panel:15767): WARNING **: Unable to load panel stock icon 'gnome-screenshot'
>
> And several more like this pointing to other icons.
>
> [...]
> I'm not sure if this is due to my $GNOME_PREFIX being /opt/gnome-2.8
> or what. If anyone can provide any additional information about
> this, I would appreciate it.
>
> If you've installed GNOME-2.8 and do or do not see this issue, please
> reply and let me know. Especially desired is your $GNOME_PREFIX.

I don't see this issue with GNOME 2.8 but I haven't tested any
GNOME_PREFIX other than /usr. Perhaps you should compare the used
instructions with the ones from jhbuild, GARNOME, or other GNOME build
scripts as they are able to install into any prefix.

Jürg

--
Jürg Billeter <j at bitron.ch>