Bug #632607 revisited

Kelledin kelledin+BLFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Sun May 25 21:04:16 PDT 2003

I just hit bug #632607 ("translations aren't built with glibc
2.2").  For reference, link is here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=632607&group_id=40696&atid=428680

My interesting twist on this is that glibc-2.2.x didn't trigger
this on my system.  I've been building blackbox for a while now,
and the bug never bit me until I upgraded from glibc-2.3.1 to
glibc-2.3.2 and initiated a full rebuild.  Not sure why it
decided to bite now.

FWIW I typically build with an unset LC_ALL.  Setting it to "C"
or "en_US" didn't seem to fix the problem.  So now I'm proposing
a full-and-proper fix--just set and export LC_ALL properly in
the Makefiles before each gencat command.  Then we're virtually
guaranteed to get a proper catalog generation, and people never
have to deal with this bug report again. ;)

The attached patch takes care of this.  Any replies on this need
to be cc'd in my direction, as I'm not on the blackbox@ list.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"