Possibly slightly cleaner solution to being vague about Gnome prefixes

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Fri May 23 13:33:29 PDT 2003

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Douglas Liming <Douglas.Liming at sas.com>
To: gnome-pilot-list at gnome.org
Subject: Redhat 9 and gnome-pilot-0.1.71
Date: 21 May 2003 08:25:35 -0400
(some snippage)
I did the following command:
[liming at vader gnome-pilot-0.1.71]$ gnome-config --prefix
/usr
[liming at vader gnome-pilot-0.1.71]$ ./configure --prefix=`gnome-config --prefix` --with-pisock=/usr/local --with-vfs --disable-oaf
(some snippage)

This is from an email that went across the Pilot-link-devel list and I'm chagrined I didn't think
to suggest it before.  Since it's clear some people are actually managing to get their prefixes all
mangled up regardless of how careful the instructions are, it seems like using
--prefix=`gnome-config --prefix` in general might be a rather useful technique for the Gnome 1.x
apps, and much the same stunt can be used to set vars for Gnome 2.x as well, using pkg-config to
query about bonobo-activation as `pkg-config --variable=prefix bonobo-activation-2.0`.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org