Any help on "j2sdk scsl on PLFS base failure."

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 19 19:37:45 PDT 2003

On Mon, 19 May 2003 13:44:05 +0000, Bill's LFS Login wrote:

> I posted the above to blfs-support last week and I guess that was the
> wrong list because I haven't received even a "Huh?". If anyone can help,
> the subject on the blfs-support list is "j2sdk scsl on PLFS base
> failure." I didn't re-post the whole thing here because I didn't want to
> waste anyone's bandwidth.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Bill Maltby
> lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Took a look, this is very typical of some unwanted optimization getting
in.  I know Tush has been able to do some optimizing, but I personally
have never had any luck with anything other than unset CFLAGS & CXXFLAGS.
Ok, rechecked and you did, so my suggestion is to verify that the unset
works.  I did not see any in the log, but I could have missed them.

+ unset JAVA_HOME CLASSPATH CFLAGS CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS

My guess is that CLASSPATH doesn't exist and the remainder were dropped
which is correct per the man page (good lesson on how to make a bug a
feature)

I suspect the first error is the reason we use INSANE.

Hope this helps, I have not got that far so I cannot confirm that PLFS is
not introducing problems.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org