Possible /tmp/.ICE-unix

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun May 18 16:01:29 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 22:29, Kelledin wrote:

> The only currently viable solution I see is to create and chmod
> the directory correctly during system boot, preferably before X
> gets started.

That's what I am currently doing.
in my xfs startup scripts (starts the x font server) -
[ ! -d /tmp/.ICE-unix ] && /bin/mkdir /tmp/.ICE-unix
/bin/chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix

That doesn't change the ownership, but I run tmpfs for /tmp so I _know_
it is cleared on a reboot and therefore when xfs first runs it is
created by root (as root calls the xfs init).

With that I get no warnings inside about .ICE-unix not being root owned.
Not sure xfs is the best place to do it - but it's X11 related (and
since my XF86Config file is told only to get fonts from unix/:7100 and
has no other font paths - I'm guess X11 would fail to start if xfs isn't
started)

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org