Formatting errors in `generic.xml'

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat May 17 13:31:48 PDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Fri, 16 May 2003, Xinkui Hao wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 16 May 2003 07:00:13 +0000 (UTC)
> > ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net (Ken Moffat) wrote:
> >
> > > I've been seeing these for a couple of days -
> > >
> > > /usr/local/bin/openjade:BOOK/appendices/generic/generic.xml:14:35:E:
> > > document type does not allow element "envar"
> > > here/usr/local/bin/openjade:BOOK/appendices/generic/generic.xml:16:35
> > > :E: document type does not allow element "envar"
> > > here/usr/local/bin/openjade:BOOK/appendices/generic/generic.xml:17:55
> >
> > You're using dsssl stylesheet 1.77,right?
> > Currently I'm using 1.78 to eleminate this error.The whole process is
> > the same as 1.77, but with a few new tags maybe.
> >

>  1.73 actually.  I try not to touch docbook once it's working, because I
> find it so fragile.  Will have to use 1.78 on my main box when I get
> that far, meantime my `zarniwhoop' version of the book will be
> deficient.

 Testing with 1.78 at the moment.  I've edited the catalog to remove the
*many* DTDDECL warnings (funny, there was a thread about this in 2000,
my current install with 1.73 stylesheets didn't show this problem), and
guess what ?

 document type does not allow element "envar" here

 Maybe its me (wouldn't be my first broken docbook installation), but
generic.xml still looks flakey from here.

Ken
--
Live Long or Prosper! No, wait, that wasn't it...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org