qpopper-4.0.5

Richard A Downing geek109 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 14 14:31:50 PDT 2003

In the configuration section we add a new /etc/services entry for
pop 110/tcp

Then add a service to either inetd.conf or xinited.conf.

We could simplfy this by using the existing 'pop3 110/tcp' service, all that
is needed is to rename the inetd.conf or xinetd.conf entries 'pop3'.

I also comment that it's not clear in the current instructions that a 'pop'
entry needs to be added to services if xinetd is being used.  This is
caused by the grey background making it look either/or, when the intent is
'select the right bits from'.

All the best,
Richard.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org