GCC-2.95 conflict with LFS

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Tue May 13 10:19:55 PDT 2003

Larry Lawrence wrote:

> Correct. Kernel modules appear to be our (BLFS's) biggest effect of PLFS.
>
> Larry

Don't want to discourage taking care of the problem above, but what
about the status of gcc-3.3?  Is the recomended kernel compiler
(gcc-2.95.3) going to go away with this release?  Just saying don't go
through a whole big bunch of changes only to have to rip them out later.
  Also, I googled and couldn't find any specific ways to tickle bugs in
linux-2.4.x/gcc-3.2.x.  Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms.  I did
run across this
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0210.0/1581.html
which is an okay to use gcc-3.2 from AC.  Possibly biased, but thought
it might be relevant/interesting/useless. :)

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org