perl modules

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu May 8 03:42:28 PDT 2003

I'm thinking the book needs to have perl modules put into their own
section instead of all on one page.

The reason is that many perl modules (for example the PDL module) will
benefit from other perl modules being built first, or other libraries
being built first.

Some - like libwww (not mentioned but probably should be) - have very
important functionality that need other modules. libwww won't have ssl
support w/o an additional module.

By having a section for perl modules, dependency and "will utilize"
sections would be easy to add specific for each module. And special
notes, too - such as "make test" failing on PDL is you don't have glx
load in your XFree86 (or are not running X11 when building it).

Also - while I personally do not like CPAN - it should be mentioned as a
way to install perl modules as well.

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org