djb utilities

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Wed May 7 10:37:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:04:56AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> >Why does /etc have to be writable in a standard (B)LFS?
> >
> Normally mtab needs to be writeable, however, I guess it could be a link
> to a partition that is writeable.

IIRC, the mtab hint covers this, putting mtab in /var, but with the way
packages are installed now, it seems a read-only /etc is becoming more
and more rare requiring ever growing workarounds.

--
Archaic

--
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in the
pursuit of justice is no virtue."

- Barry Goldwater (actually written by Karl Hess)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org