Portmap compile failure patch

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed May 7 07:10:33 PDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Rainer Peter Feller wrote:

>On Wed, 7 May 2003, Bill Maltby - LFS Related wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:44:42 -0400 (EDT)
>> <snip>

>> Portmap 5.1 (beta) fails to compile in portmap.c with a problem with
>> errno.
>><snip>

>cp portmap.c portmap.c.bak
>sed s%'extern int errno;'%'#include <errno.h>'% <portmap.c.bak >portmap.c
>
>try "search.linuxfromscratch.org"

No need. I fixed it in about 30 seconds. Why waste my time hunting for a
kludge sed when I can fix it and gen a patch for anyone else who wants
it? This way, maybe it makes it into the book if the editors think it's
useful.

I only search when I need help, not just to see if someone else fixed it
already. Then I post.

>CUH Rainer Peter Feller

Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com