GPM patches

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Fri May 2 20:35:31 PDT 2003

You will find three patches to GPM in the attachments.

PATCH-gpm-1.20.0-smooth-cursor is taken "as-is" from links-2.1pre9, it allows
clients to receive mouse movement events with greater precision if they
request that (some framebuffer-based programs will utilize it). This patch is
against gpm-1.20.0, but applies correctly to 1.20.1.

gpm-1.20.1-silent.patch supresses the debugging output from GPM library. It is
entirely optional, but I really hate libraries that print their debugging
statements.

gpm-1.20.1-segfault.patch fixes a bug in GPM (must go into the book, already
sent to maintainer). To reproduce: compile Midnight Commander 4.6.0, run it
and press Ctrl+O twice. The segfault happens in GPM's src/lib/liblow.c, line
261

  if(strncmp(tty,option.consolename,strlen(option.consolename)-1)
    || !isdigit(tty[strlen(option.consolename)-1])) {
    gpm_report(GPM_PR_ERR,"strncmp/isdigit/option.consolename failed");
    goto err;
 }

because option.consolename==NULL on the second call to Gpm_Open() without my
patch, and it looks like option.consolename should be preserved between calls
to Gpm_Open().

--
Alexander E. Patrakov