Example of a careful runlevel script

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Jun 19 23:10:57 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 19:27, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> (Why check the libraries?  Ask yourself that after a filesystem
> corruption has blown away half of your /usr/lib directory.)

Every time I've had a filesystem problem blow crap away (it happened a
couple of times with Maxtor drives - hint, DONT buy maxtor) fsck has
kicked me into maintenance (single user) anyway - if there was enough of
a filesystem to do that.

So assuming you have the checkfs init script configured to run - a
filesystem blowing away libraries is going to result in single user
anyway.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org