gdm

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 17:16:18 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 15:35, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> x:5:respawn:/usr/bin/gdm  <-- BAD.
>
> x:5:respawn:/etc/init.d/rc.5  <-- GOOD.

Whatever dude.
None of your objections had any merit - I even tested them.
But go ahead and live in your world, I'll live in mine.

Red Hat happens to do it my way - and I have yet to hear of anyone with
Red Hat having a huge problem because it it.

Given that they are the most popular distro, I think that says something
about your claim that it is bad. Basically - that your claim is
unmerited. Well - that and the fact that I specifically tested your
objections and found no problems.

There are plenty of complaints that people have with Red Hat that I have
seen - never one resulting from starting gdm from the inittab.

But whatever.
You live in your world, I'll live in mine.
If blfs isn't interested in suggestions for improvement and making it
easier to use, I can live with that.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org